Stepping out of the house onto the slopes is an incredible privilege, available in Méribel-Mottaret – set truly in the heart of the 3 Valleys domain. It is the best-located resort for enjoying the biggest ski area in the world. With its warm and friendly hamlet and modern mountain-top residences at the foot of the slopes, Méribel-Mottaret is the perfect destination for families of any skiing level. Its snow park is well-known throughout Europe by freestylers, experts and rookies. Another no less important advantage is that the resort guarantees snow throughout the whole winter season.
Méribel-Mottaret, a village in the heart of the 3 Valleys
Perched right at the top of Méribel’s valley, the village of Méribel-Mottaret offers privileged access to the 370 miles of slopes included in the 3 Valleys domain, the largest in the world. This includes the areas around Les Menuires and Val Thorens, not forgetting the 93 miles of slopes around Méribel’s valley.
Méribel-Mottaret is an exceptional resort boasting amazing views over the majestic Mont-Vallon peak, rising almost 10,000 feet high. Surrounded by the pine forests of the Tueda nature reserve, at the foot of the Vanoise National Park, the village of Méribel-Mottaret is an incredible playing field for anyone who loves the mountain: you will find cross-country paths, downhill ski slopes and hiking paths all around.
Méribel-Mottaret, a resort you can ski through
Designed in 1972, the village of Méribel-Mottaret is essentially made up of residences for rent, mostly located at the foot of the slopes. Leave your car in the Méribel-Mottaret car park and enjoy the resort’s bustling lifestyle with your skis on at all times. Regardless of where you are staying in Méribel-Mottaret, all shops and services are easily accessible on foot.
The charm of a Savoie village
Nestled away in the heart of the Alps, Méribel-Mottaret was designed in accordance with traditional Savoie architecture. Its wood-clad chalet-residences fit in harmoniously with the unique natural environment.
Le Laitelet and Le Châtelet: Méribel-Mottaret’s two neighbourhoods
Both of Méribel-Mottaret’s neighbourhoods offer several types of accommodation: hotels, tourist residences, and countless apartments for rent that are managed either by private owners or real estate agencies.
Browse through and compare the best accommodation offers in Méribel-Mottaret: book your rental in Mottaret thanks to Méribel Tourism.
The Méribel-Mottaret resort is divided into two main neighbourhoods:
- Le Laitelet, the biggest of Méribel-Mottaret’s districts, is located on the western side of the resort. It expands from the Centre of the village – set 5,580 feet high – to the Hamlet set 5,900 feet high. People staying in its many residences can reach the top of the slopes with the Chalets cable cars, from 8.45 am to 7.30 pm. In the lower part of the neighbourhood, we have the 4* ALPENRUITOR hotel, the MAEVA LES BLEUETS residence, the PLEIN SOLEIL residence and the 3* LE MOTTARET hotel. In the upper part of the neighbourhood stands the 3* LES AROLLES hotel and ODALYS residence;
- Le Châtelet is set on the eastern side of the mountain and has the bright western sun hitting it. In the lower part of this Méribel-Mottaret neighbourhood, we have several residences such as the Pierre & Vacances LES SENTIERS DE TUEDA residence, or more intimate ALPAGES DU MOTTARET rentals, as well as the 4* Le MONT VALLON hotel. In the upper part of the Châtelet neighbourhood, you will find the comfortable Pierre & Vacances Premium Les Crêts residence, as well as others overlooking the centre of Méribel-Mottaret. The upper and lower parts of Le Châtelet are linked by an outdoor lift.
All the amenities you could need at your doorstep
In Méribel-Mottaret, parents and children can enjoy their skiing holiday to the fullest:
- the ski schools are all in the lower part of the village, halfway between the Laitelet and Châtelet neighbourhoods;
- Nursery, kindergarten and other services for children aged up to 5 or more;
- wellness activities with the spa-massage centre SPA BY ANNE SEMONIN;
- Skiing area, a playground for everyone : downhill skiing, snowpark, fun slopes…
- Sleding – toboggan runs
- Cross-country skiing
- Other outdoor and close to nature activities : hiking or snow-shoeing, paragliding, dog-sledding, snow-mobile rides, etc.
For your stay in the 3 Valleys ski area to be a real success, the village of Méribel-Mottaret has all the amenities you could possibly need: Tourist Office, cinema, night club, bars, restaurants, grocery stores, lots of sports shops and ready-to-wear shops.
From Méribel-Mottaret, you can catch a shuttle, ski or drive to Méribel Centre to enjoy facilities such as the Olympic Park with its swimming pool, ice skating rink, wellness and fitness centre, rock-climbing wall and bowling alley.
Discover the different areas: