The geographical heart of resort, the centre of entertainment and the spine of Valley services, Méribel Centre has everything to hand: tourist office, cinema, swimming pool, spa, shops, bars, restaurants and nightclubs. Ranging from 1500m to 1600 m altitude, Méribel Centre is composed of several charming hamlets: le Plateau, La Renarde, Altitude 1600, Mussillon. The architecture in Méribel centre is and its different hamlets is uniform. Buildings and chalets are clad in wood, stone and local slate. In the lower part of the village, just steps away from the centre, is the disrict «la Chaudanne» and its famous Olympic sports complex, the venue for major sporting events and festive entertainment.
As the largest village in the Valley, Méribel Centre truly deserves its reputation as the largest and most attractive resort in the French Alps. Méribel is made-up of beautiful private chalets and larger apartment chalets which are all constructed using light-coloured wood and local stone, and all with sloping roofs. The resort really does blend itself into its woodland surroundings with the appropriate and authentic style of architecture, creating a real chalet atmosphere.
This endlessly charming resort also has all of the shops, services, activities and high-quality sporting facilities to make your stay a truly enjoyable experience.
From Méribel there is quick and easy access to the 150km of pistes in Méribel Valley and the 600km of pistes of the Three Valleys via the numerous modern ski lifts which depart from the resort.
The resort is located on the east side of the mountain and so receives a good amount of sunshine throughout the day. Méribel Centre is made-up of several areas, some offering direct access to the pistes, which are all linked by the free shuttle bus service.
Areas and Accommodation (ascending altitude)
- Mussillon: Located at the entrance to Meribel, this area is mainly made-up of individual chalets. A pretty and more intimate area, Mussillon offers access to Meribel Centre on foot and to the pistes using the free shuttle bus.
- Centre - La Chaudanne: With its shops, restaurants, bars, pubs, cinema, Tourist Office and Post Office, this is truly the heart of the resort. There is easy access on foot from the Centre to the Chaudanne, where you will find the ski lifts, ski school meeting points, Les Saturnins crèche (from 18 months to 3 years), the children’s club Les Piou-Piou (from 3 to 5 years) and the Parc Olympique (medical centre, swimming pool, gym, ice-rink, spa, climbing wall, bowling alley and night-club).
You can find some private apartments in this area however the majority of accommodation is hotels and chalet apartments.
- Hotels: LE GENEPI 2*, Hôtel ETERLOU – TREMPLIN 3*, hôtel CHAUDANNE 4*, hôtel le SAVOY 4*, hôtel GRAND CŒUR 4*, hôtel LE KAILA 5*.
- Tourism residences: Pierre&Vacances LES RAVINES, Maeva LE PEILLON, résidence ETERLOU – CHAUDANNE.
- Letting agencies: JOHN TAYLOR.
- Private Landlords : In the distinct areas several private owners offer private apartments to rent.
- Le Plan du Moulin: Located close to the Centre on foot, you can use the free shuttle bus service to access the pistes. In this area you will find several residences made-up of privately rented apartments.
- La Renarde - Les Chalets: Situated just slightly above the centre of Méribel, this is an intimate and elegant area comprised of numerous private chalets, rented properties and 2 hotels. From most of the area you have direct access on foot to the piste which runs alongside and which takes you directly to the ski lifts at the Chaudanne.
- Hotels: Chalet-Hôtel MARIE-BLANCHE 3*, L’ HELIOS 4*.
- Morel - Altitude 1600: These two areas are located on the road between Meribel Centre and the Altiport, and are mainly made-up of rented properties. In these areas there are several facilities including a supermarket, sports shops, bars, restaurants and a medical centre. The MOREL chairlift offers easy access to the pistes at the Altiport and a direct descent back to the area. For the residences which are slightly further away, you can take the free shuttle bus to either the Rond Point or La Chaudanne to access the pistes.
- Hotel: 2* LE LAC BLEU.
- Holiday centre: CHALET JEUNESSE ET FAMILLE
Services and Activities
- Tourist Office, Post Office, banks, supermarket and several smaller food shops, bakers, cinema, night-clubs, bars, pubs, restaurants, sports shops, clothes shops, newsagents, interior design shops.
- Alpine skiing, snow parks, cross-country skiing, hiking, snow-shoeing, ski schools, paragliding, Altiport Aeroclub.
- Les Saturnins crèche for children between 18 months and 3 years, Les Piou-Piou children’s club for children between 3 and 5 years.
- Parc Olympique: swimming pool, ice-rink, gym, saunas, hammam, massages, bowling alley and climbing wall.
- 7 Spas.